Yes it is something that you can consider doing, as you may still apply for a BTO after getting a resale HDB.
However, keep in mind that you will only be able to apply for a BTO after you fulfill your MOP (5 years after your resale property completion).
Additionally, if you plan to use CPF housing grants, you should be aware that applying for a BTO will count as your second time, unless you did not use the grant the first time around.
- Buying Resale Property (timeline and completion)
- 5 years in Resale (to fulfill MOP)
- Apply for new BTO Continue living in your flat while you wait
- Move to the new property upon BTO completion\
- Sell your existing HDB (within 6 months)
Make sure to manage your timeline so you can sell your current property with extension so you can align the key collection of your BTO and renovation to give yourself a seamless moving.