Can I check who can I rent whole unit of HDB to?

Can I check who can I rent whole unit of HDB to?

List of all Categories
  • Singapore Citizens
  • Singapore Permanent Residents
  • Others (Malaysians & Non Malaysians)


  • Non-citizens legally residing in Singapore can rent a whole HDB unit if they hold one of the following passes: Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit, Student Pass, Dependant Pass, or Long-Term Social Visit Pass.
  • The pass must have a validity period of at least 6 months from the date of application by the flat owners.
  • Work Permit holders from the construction, marine, and process sectors must be Malaysians to rent a whole HDB flat.
  • Work Permit holders from the manufacturing sector must also be Malaysians if they are renting a whole HDB flat.
  • It's important to refer to the official guidelines provided by HDB or consult with a real estate professional for specific details and requirements based on the pass category and sector of employment.

Do kindly refer the work permit/passes to check the name of their sector


Are you a landlord looking for professional assistance with your rental property? Look no further! As an experienced realtor, I am here to support you in maximizing your rental potential. From tenant screening to lease agreements and property marketing, I offer comprehensive rental services tailored to your needs. Contact me today and let's discuss how I can help you achieve success in the rental market. Don't miss out on the opportunity to enhance your rental experience with a dedicated real estate professional by your side.

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.