Here are some info on the 15 months wait out period which I clarified with the HDB officer.
The 15 months wait out period:
- Applies to all buyers (i.e.: SC/SC, SC/SPR, SPR/SPR, SC only).
- Exempted to those couples who are 55 years old and above, can buy 4 rooms and smaller.
- All kinds of private residential properties (includes oversea property) which currently or previously owned
- 15 months count from the date of the sales completion of the private property, provided they not taking HLE and CPF Grant
(eg: completion was on 1 Mar 2022, the ex private property owner can only apply for intent to buy and receive OTP on 2 Jun 2023).
If they want to take HLE and/or CPF grant then have to wait for 30 months
Further clarification for those 55 years old and above to be exempted from the 15 months wait and can buy 4 rooms and below:
- Youngest buyer age has to be minimum 55 years old for couple
- Applicable for Single 55 years old & above
And also to take note
Married couple is considered as 1 entity
- So even placing the young spouse (below 55 year old) as occupier also need to have this 15 months clearance check
These are some of the information that we got straight from the HDB officer from our call! Feel free to reach out if you need any help regarding any handling of property.